Adding an idea I had which was a result of the way I worked with the participants of some business value workshops I did recently with customers. The diagram is fairly self explanatory but to elaborate briefly:
1. In the workshops I started out brainstorming with each department we had sessions with.
2. I asked them to deconstruct their value chains – how they delivered value in their departments.
3. Then I asked them to identify problems or opportunities.
4. Then I asked them to think about how Yammer could add value.
5. We used a live demo to show how ideas for solutions could be implemented in Yammer.
6. This led to a lot of use case ideas and really stimulated their thinking.
7. It was seen as valuable because it was core to their business and measurable.
NOTE: This diagram takes a fairly generic view – each organisation, department will have a different chain or set of value drivers that social can help disrupt.